Need to troubleshoot an email problem? Your customer tells you they sent an email or replied to an email but the other party says they did not receive my email… Possibly their mail server has been black listed so you must rule that out.
There is a really great website that you can use to check for that and so much more. The blacklist test will check a mail server IP address against over 100 DNS based email blacklists!
There also is an Email Header Analyzer that could prove very useful for troubleshooting.
Here are some of the things you can check:
- Command Explanation
- blacklist: Check IP or host for reputation
- smtp: Test mail server SMTP (port 25)
- mx: DNS MX records for domain
- a: DNS A record IP address for host name
- spf: Check SPF records on a domain
- txt: Check TXT records on a domain
- ptr: DNS PTR record for host name
- cname: DNS canonical host name to IP address
- scan: Perform a port scan on the host
- whois: Get domain registration information
- arin: Get IP address block information
- soa: Get Start of Authority record for a domain
- tcp: Verify an IP Address allows tcp connections
- http: Verify a URL allows http connections
- https: Verify a URL allows secure http connections
- ping: Perform a standard ICMP ping
- trace: Perform a standard ICMP trace route
- dns: Check your DNS Servers for possible problems New!
Here is the link, check it out.